Sunday, July 24, 2011

Musings of a Newbie Blogger--A Brief Post



I'm new when it comes to blogging; I only began a few days ago. But, so far, I've come to know a few things.


Blogging takes time and dedication. You have to fully enjoy what you're doing (of course--why else have a blog?)--it takes at least a little time every day, more as you're first getting started. Even though things start out slow and it often seems like the whole thing is just going nowhere, it's important to remember that these things take time. I hope that, with work, my blog will eventually grow into what I'd like it to be. And when it does, I can feel good about what I've done because of the effort I've put into it. I now have even more respect for all the other bloggers out there who have put so much time and dedication into their blogs and have so much passion.

 
Things I need to work on:

1. Food Presentation & Photography
2. Creativity in the Kitchen
3. Writing and Journaling Skills


For me, one of the most difficult parts of blogging is not knowing how I sound to others. I'm always afraid that I sound silly or foolish, wondering if I come off as trying too hard. No matter how many times I re-read what I type, I just can't tell what I'll seem like to others. Sometimes I go over a post and wish I'd written it another way or not written it at all. What if people just think my blog is stupid, or not original enough? But I really do love blogging so far, and want to continue with it.


A QUESTION FOR OTHER BLOGGERS OUT THERE:

Do you ever get feelings like this about your posts? Should I even care too much about what others will think of me and my blog? I'd love to hear any tips and advice. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment